Heat rash also known as prickly rash is a skin eruption with small little bumps that appears on your baby’s body when he overheats. Anyone can suffer from heat rash but it’s most common in babies.
If your baby has heat rash you will see it on the fold of his skin and on the buttocks. Sometimes, it may appear on the head if your baby wears a hat.
Although the heat rash will disappear by itself in a few days, it may cause discomfort to your baby, that’s why I’ll offer you some precious natural remedies to get rid of heat rash on your baby’s skin without spreading the rash.
A cold compress can help in cooling and soothing the affected area. It relieves the symptoms of inflammation while also healing the rash faster.
- Apply a cold compress or clean cloth dipped in cold water to the affected area.
- Leave it on for a minute and remove.
- Repeat a few times.
2.Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil exhibits antiseptic and anti-inflammatory activities. It can help in soothing the redness and discomfort associated with heat rash.
- Add a drop of tea tree oil to two to three teaspoons of coconut oil.
- Mix well and apply the blend to the affected area.
- Leave it on for 20-30 minutes.
- Rinse it off.
Cucumber contains flavonoids and tannins that exhibit analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties may help in calming heat rash in babies.
- Take a cucumber and slice it.
- Grind the slices to form a thick paste.
- Apply the cucumber paste to the affected area.
- Leave it on for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off.
While there are no studies to back this claim, anecdotal evidence suggests that Fuller’s earth can help soothe heat rash in babies as well as adults.
- Mix half a tablespoon of Fuller’s earth with water to form a paste.
- Apply it all over the affected area.
- Leave it on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse off with water.
Aloe vera gel extracts exhibit anti-inflammatory activities that can help soothe the heat rash and improve its symptoms.
- Take some freshly extracted aloe gel and apply it to the affected area.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with water.