Shoulder pain can create a real discomfort not allowing you to complete your daily tasks. Even if it’s not a severe condition, this common joint problem can affect everyone, causing pain due to swelling and inflammation of the ligaments, muscles, nerves or tendons.
Often, shoulder pain comes along with neck pain. Hence, you have to do something to ease this pain if you don’t have to worsen the condition.
If you didn’t know, the best way to calm down a shoulder pain is stretching, which will give you relief, but if you combine stretching with natural remedies the pain will go faster.
The first method is the use of some natural ingredients, and you can prepare them as it follows:
1. Homemade Rosemary Ointment
This amazing homemade ointment is one of your best allies in getting rid of the discomfort created by a shoulder pain.
– ½ cup of rosemary leaves
– 1 tablespoon of clove oil
– 1 cup of vegetable oil
– cotton balls
How To Prepare:
- Heat all the ingredients in a pot.
- As they boil, leave it on the heat for two more minutes.
- Then, remove from heat and let it sit.
- Dampen the cotton balls, place them on your shoulder, and wrap well in the bandage.
- Leave on overnight.
2. Topical Menthol Cream
Alleviate pain with this natural homemade cream, perfect to numb pain away.
– 1 cup witch hazel
– 4 tablespoons of lanolin
– 6 tablespoons of menthol
How To Prepare:
- Heat all ingredients in a double boiler until you get a thick paste.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- When the cream is cool and ready, use it to massage the affected area.
- Let it sit overnight.
The second method is performing some exquisite pain-relieving stretches and exercises, as it follows:
1. Pendulum stretch for range of motion
- Stand and bend at the waist.
- Let your arm on the injured side hang straight down.
- Keep your neck relaxed.
- Move your arm in a circle up to 20 times.
- Do once or more times in a day.
2. Overhead shoulder stretch
- Sit or stand to do this shoulder stretch.
- Intertwine your fingers in front of you.
- Bend your elbows and raise your arms above your head. You can also place your hands on your head or behind it.
- Gently squeeze your shoulder blades together to move your elbows back.
- Continue for up to 20 repetitions. Repeat 5 to 10 times a day.