My husband cut his thumb while he was fixing the bathtub drain. His lucky because I’m a nurse, and after cleaning his wound I applied a bandage! But reality strikes when in the morning he woke up with a big swollen and infected thumb! Holly, I thought I cleaned his wound perfectly, but he developed an infection on that area which was very painful to touch.
As much as I can, I try to avoid antibiotics, and to cure this tiny infection I decided to prepare a natural wound healer. My grandma often used this natural minor wound healer to speed up healing and to treat minor infections, such as the one my husband has developed.
So, whenever you want to avoid external antibiotics, you can always prepare this natural wound healer as it follows:
- 2 tablespoons of refined coconut oil
- 2 drops of oregano essential oil or tea tree essential oil
- 2 drops of helichrysum essential oil
- 2 drops of lavender essential oil
- 2 drops of frankincense essential oil
- 1 ounce of salve tin
How To Prepare:
- In a small double boiler, melt the coconut oil (and beeswax, if using) just until liquified, then add the essential oils, one at a time.
- Mix the oils together thoroughly, then pour into a small jar or tin.
- Put the mixture in the fridge to solidify.
- Apply to minor cuts and scrapes, and then apply a bandage, if needed.
- Store in a cool location because the salve can melt in hot temperatures.
Good To Know! Just don’t use this on deep puncture wounds or open, bleeding wounds. And if your wound has an infection that doesn’t improve in a short time using this recipe, don’t hesitate to get proper medical attention!
Hope this was useful for you!