Minor cuts and scratches are some of the most common injuries, and it happens when the outer skin layer gets scraped off, causing bleeding and suppuration.
Even if it’s a minor wound, it takes some time to heal completely, and most of the time these cuts leave some unsightly scars. Not to mention that you have to be careful in preventing the wound from getting infected.
Hence, you have to use some special ingredients that will help your wound heal faster without leaving scars, and if you didn’t know, these special ingredients can already be in your kitchen.
Yes, there are several home remedies that can stop bleeding and speed up healing without leaving scars. Thus, these natural remedies are super effective antiseptic that can prevent the wound from getting infected.
But, before applying any of them, it’s advisable to clean the area with antiseptic soap and water.
- Slather some pure honey on the affected area.
- Bandage it and leave it on for 1 hour.
- Remove the bandage and rinse the area well with water.
- Follow this remedy several times a day for a few days.
- Crush a few garlic cloves, mix in a little honey, and put it over the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes. Remove the garlic and clean the area with warm water.
- You can also mix 3 chopped garlic cloves in 1 cup of wine. Let it stand for 2 to 3 hours, then strain. Apply the solution to the well-cleaned cut with a clean cloth.
3. White Vinegar
- Mix 1 tablespoon of salt in 2/3 cups of filtered water until the salt is thoroughly dissolved.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar and mix well.
- Soak a cotton ball in this solution and apply it to any fresh cuts.
- Repeat the process every 2 to 3 hours.
- Follow this remedy daily until your skin looks better.
4. Aloe Vera
- Break open a small leaf from an aloe vera plant and extract the gel.
- Apply the gel on the affected area and allow it to dry on its own.
- Repeat every few hours.
- To stop the flow of blood from a cut, place a little bit of turmeric powder on it and press gently.
- To aid healing, prepare a paste of some turmeric and sufficient water and apply it on the affected area. Leave it on for 20 minutes, then rinse it off with warm water. Repeat twice daily for a few days.
6. Tea Tree Oil
- Mix about 1/2 tablespoon of tea tree oil in 1 cup of warm water. Use this solution to rinse the cut and the surrounding skin twice a day.
- Alternatively, you can dilute a few drops of tea tree oil with 1 tablespoon of almond oil or olive oil. Apply this diluted solution on the affected area 2 or 3 times a day.