This new century brings along a lot of diseases and affections, and urinary tract infections are among them. This type of infection affects millions of women worldwide yearly, and more than half of them gave up curing it with antibiotics. Surprised? Well, as a woman, I’m not, because antibiotics, in certain circumstances, can do more harm than good.
Hence, natural remedies gained more and more power, especially when dealing with cystitis or urinary tract infections. Moreover, there are certain herbal combinations that not only will treat urinary tract infections, but also will prevent them from reoccurring.
The following herbal tea recipe is very famous on Pinterest with a lot of positive reviews. It seems that it’s the perfect antidote for UTI. You can both drink this tea and take sitz baths for maximum effects.
- 7 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon burdock root
- 1 tablespoon dandelion root
- 1 tablespoon hops
- 1 tablespoon nettle leaf
- 1 tablespoon plantain
How To Prepare:
- Choose at least four of the herbs listed. They all have different “powers;” so use them all if you can.
- Any herb that is a twiggy root needs to be boiled, instead of being steeped. This is called a decoction. It will be necessary with the burdock and dandelion roots. Place these herbs in a medium size saucepan; and place 4 cups of filtered water in the pot as well. Simmer the roots for 30 minutes, covered.
- Meanwhile, bring 3 cups additional water to a boil.
- Place the remaining herbs in a tea pot or large heat-proof bowl with a pour spout.
- When the plain water comes to a boil, add it to the herbs. Cover the bowl and let them steep for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the bitter root tea, after it has boiled 30 minutes, to the teapot of steeping herbs and stir.
- The tea will be extremely strong and bitter. Strain it as you serve yourself. Drink a mug as soon as it is cool enough.
- Continue to drink the tea over the next two hours until it is gone. Your UTI should now be gone too.
- Meanwhile, fill a bigger pot with water and when it starts to simmer add nettle leaf, hops and burdock root in it. Let it boil for 10 minutes, and take a sit bath with the liquid. You should feel better in a couple of hours.