Have you ever considered in throwing away your razor and start waxing your legs? If so, you should definitely try the following sugar wax method at home.
Back in the days, our grandma’s used to take care of their beauty by inventing all sorts of beauty hacks and sugar wax is one of them. This hair removal method costs a dime and removes every hair follicle, leaving a silky smooth behind. To be honest, I used the laser therapy to remove my body hair completely, but when I was a student I used this sugar wax hair removal method without worrying too much. As a matter of fact, this hair removal method it will make your body hair grow slowly, maintaining a silky smooth skin for almost 3 weeks. So if I stern your curiosity, check the list below and grab the needed items for hair-free body.
Required Items and Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of raw sugar
- 2 tablespoons of water
- non-GMO cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- medium sized cooking pot
- stainless steel bowl
- several wax strips
- Place lemon juice, sugar, and water in the pan on the stove. Heat slowly up to a slow boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until it becomes smooth and golden. This is about 260°F. Take it off the heat and transfer it to a stainless steel bowl. Let it cool a bit
- While it’s cooling, wash and exfoliate the area you want to wax and apply a thin layer of powder, like cornstarch or arrowroot powder.
- Take out about a ping pong sized ball of this sugar wax recipe. Knead it until it’s smooth and spread it in the direction of the hair growth.
- Then take a wax strip and press it onto the wax. Then, grip the bottom edge of the strip and pull very quickly against the growth of the hair. Like a bandage, just rip it off fast!
- After you’ve finished removing your hair, just apply jojoba oil over the area to minimize redness.
Careful! If you didn’t managed to get all the hair the first time, you may want to wait a few days before trying it again. You don’t want to irritate your skin.