I avoid doping my kid with antibiotics every time he catches a cold. Honestly, it’s outrageous how the doctor prescribes antibiotics for every snot drop he has. Any kid experiencing cough and sneezing can be a real nuisance both for him and his mother. Hearing your toddler coughing during the night is not such a pleasant thing to experience, so, enough is enough for a mother in despair.
Since antibiotics for cough and runny nose aren’t accepted in my family, I choose natural remedies. When the first cold symptoms install, just use my natural way in calming down cough before it turns into bronchitis or a sinus infection. I truly tell you that I am using this natural cough remedy for my son for 5 years now, and the symptoms disappear within 12 hours.
So, let me explain how ginger wraps treat bad couch and removes mucus from the lungs!
- organic honey
- 1 tablespoon of grated ginger
- a piece of gauze
- olive oil
- adhesive tape
How To Prepare:
- First, mix the flour and honey until they are well incorporated.
- Then, add the olive oil and grated ginger and mix again.
- Apply the paste on the napkin and wrap it in the piece of gauze.
- Apply this remedy on your kid’s chest and stick it with adhesive tape.
- Let the ginger wrap to act for 3 hours or overnight.
- Remove it in the morning and rinse with lukewarm water.
This kind of remedy does not have any side-effects other than skin irritation due to the powerful effects of ginger. In this case, put a bit more honey. The wrap definitely works great and will get you some much-needed relief from coughing and sneezing.
Alongside with this ginger wrap, it is better to give your kid 1 teaspoon of the following syrup every 2-4 hours.
- To begin, slice a whole red onion into thin layers.
- Then, place the onion in a deep and wide bowl. You want to have as much of the onion exposed to be able to cover as much of it with honey as possible.
- Next, pour a cup of honey over the red onion.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Let it sit for about 2 hours. After about two hours, you will notice a watery syrup at the bottom of the bowl. This is the magical stuff.
- Give your kids 1 teaspoon of the syrup every 2-4 hours. Honestly, you could use this every hour.