The runny nose and flu season is here! So, buckle up with tissues and tons of teas, because we are all prone to develop common colds. If not treated right, common colds may degenerate into other affections such as sinusitis.
What is sinusitis?
Well, if you feel pressure in your forehead, your nose is running and the overall health is just not ok, then you probably are suffering from sinusitis or sinus infections.
Sinus infections occur when mucus is stored in the sinuses, making bacteria or fungi to develop quickly in a dirty environment. However, most sinus infections heal themselves in 7-10 days if you take care of yourself at home, skipping antibiotics.
Since bed rest is not enough to get rid of cold and you don’t want to take medicines, you can rely on home remedies to get rid of sinus infection and its symptoms. For instance, you can try this steam inhalation remedy to release the pressure felt in your forehead and combine it with whisky syrup and turmeric milk.
Vicks Vaporub Steam Inhalations
- Take a container, add 4 to 5 glass of water and boil it.
- Boiling should be for 10-15 minutes.
- Now add Vicks Vaporub in boiled water. But be careful and don’t let heat burn your nose.
- Cover your head with a towel, or any warm blanket.
- Take a long and deep breath of this Vicks Vaporub steam.
- Breathe until steam is there.
- Don’t come out immediately after steam. Cover yourself properly.
Best time of Vicks steaming is night while going for sleep.
Homemade Whisky Syrup
- 1 tablespoon of whisky
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
Mix the above ingredients in a glass and take 1 teaspoon of this syrup 3 times a day. The next day, prepare another one. Repeat this remedy for 3 days in a row.
The last remedy, Turmeric Milk
There are so many ways to use turmeric to get rid of cold but warm milk is a fast effective remedy.
- Take one glass of warm milk.
- Add ¼ tsp of turmeric and mix it.
- Mix sugar or honey accordingly.
- Drink it while going to sleep.