Whether is heat rash, flea rash, eczema, the skin will become an itchy battlefield, making you scratching until you hurt yourself by inflaming the area.
Heat rashes are inflamed, reddish and itchy, and they appear when the body can’t stand high temperatures and excessive sweating. Even if prickly heat is not a severe condition, you must take care of it immediately, otherwise you risk hurting yourself through scratching.
Well, if you spend the entire day in the sun and your body has tiny, reddish and itchy rashes, you landed on the right webpage, because you will discover several natural ways in reducing the symptoms and get rid of the rash.
1. Aloe Vera Gel
- Pluck an aloe leaf and cut it. Squeeze out the natural gel in the leaf into a bowl.
- Apply this onto the affected part of the body and massage it in.
- Repeat this once or twice every day until you get relief from prickly heat.
2. Baking Soda
- Make a mild solution of baking soda with some cool water.
- Dip a clean, soft, washcloth in the solution and gently rub on the affected portions of the skin to heal prickly heat.
- Leave the solution for a couple of minutes before rinsing it off.
- Do this 1-2 times every day.
3. Raw Potato
- Slice up the potato and apply the slices on the affected area.
- Leave the slices on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse the area with cool water.
- Do this every day.
4. Ice Cubes
- Place 2-3 ice cubes in the towel and gently place this on the affected skin.
- Keep it on for as long as you can.
- Repeat this as and when you feel irritation and itching.
5. Vicks VapoRub
- Take some topical ointment on your fingertips.
- Apply it on the affected skin.
- Massage gently using circular movements.
- Cleanse the area and apply honey directly on it.
- Let the honey stand for about 15 to 20 minutes before washing it off.
- Repeat this 1-2 times every day.
- Peel half a cucumber and cut long and thin slices.
- Cool these in the fridge for a couple of minutes and then place them on the rashes until they come back to room temperature.
- Repeat this if required.
8. Epsom Salt
- Draw a warm water bath with 1 cup of Epsom salt.
- Soak in this for about 15 minutes.