Living with frizzy hair is absolutely annoying, especially if you have curly hair. No matter how much you struggle in fixing you hair, after 5 minutes it will look like a bird nest.
Most of the time, frizzy hair can look dull and be very difficult to style and the main reason is lack of moisture and the use of some special moisturizing hair products can solve this issue. On the other hand, high humidity can be a menace for frizzy hair, making it look dull and dry.
So, if you don’t want to look like Diana Ross, then you can use some common ingredients to get rid of this frizzy problem, and stop your hair from crying after nourishment and moisture.
1. Carbonated Water
- Carbonated water is made by using pressure to dissolve carbon dioxide gas in water.
- This water has low pH levels that help fight frizz caused by humidity.
- Simply rinse your hair with carbonated water after each regular shampooing.
- This will soothe and tame the frizz, but you need to follow this remedy for quite some time.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
- Mix equal amounts of water with apple cider vinegar to reduce its acidic property and use it as a final rinse after washing and shampooing your hair.
- This simple remedy will make the hair frizz less and also add shine to your hair.
- You can use it every two to four weeks.
- Alternatively, you can apply apple cider vinegar diluted with water onto your scalp with a cotton ball.
- Then comb your hair gently to distribute the solution.
- Leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse your hair well.
- Repeat this once a week.
- Simply coat your hair with beer, allow it to sit for a few minutes and then rinse it out with cold water. Do this once every two weeks.
- Another option is to mix equal amounts of beer, shampoo and conditioner.
- Apply this solution on your hair. Now brush your hair to create tension.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your thoroughly with cold water.
- Mash one ripe avocado, add a little olive oil and mix it well.
- Shampoo your hair and then apply the mixture throughout your hair.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour, and then rinse it out with cold water.
- You can then condition your hair to get rid of the avocado scent.
- You can also mash an avocado and mix it with curd or mayonnaise to make a smooth paste.
- Use this as a hair mask once or twice every week to prevent dryness and condition your hair.
- Mash one ripe banana with a fork until there are no lumps.
- Mix in one-fourth cup of yogurt.
- Then add two tablespoons each of honey and olive oil.
- Apply the mask all over your hair and scalp.
- Put a shower cap over your hair and leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Rinse your hair and then shampoo and condition as usual.
- Do this once a week.
6. Coconut Milk
- Put two tablespoons of coconut milk in a small pot and heat it until warm.
- Make sure it doesn’t get too hot and burn.
- Apply the warm coconut milk on your hair and cover your head with a towel. Leave it on overnight.
- In the morning, wash your hair with shampoo and let your hair dry naturally.
- Do this twice a week to enjoy shiny and bouncy hair.
7. Olive Oil
- Heat up one cup of olive oil.
- Apply the warm oil on your hair, evenly distributing it.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap and wrap a hot towel around your head to increase moisture absorption.
- Leave it on for about a half an hour.
- Shampoo and rinse your hair with cold water.
- Do this three times a week for best results.
- Whisk one egg and add one teaspoon of olive oil.
- Mix it well. Olive oil will act as an emollient and help lock moisture into your hair.
- Apply it on your hair and leave it on for about a half an hour.
- Rinse it out and wash your hair thoroughly.
- Make sure you use a rich nourishing shampoo and conditioner.
- Pour at least half a jar of mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Mix in one tablespoon of olive oil, an egg yolk and one tablespoon of lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- Whisk the ingredients together.
- Apply the mixture to freshly washed, damp hair.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap for about a half an hour.
- Thoroughly wash your hair using cold water.
10. Almond Oil And Egg
- Combine the 1/4 cup of almond oil and 1 raw egg until you get a smooth mixture.
- Optionally you can just whisk the egg and apply it to your hair.
- Section your hair and start applying the mixture to your scalp and through the length of your hair.
- Wait for 40 minutes and then rinse your hair as usual.
- Use a good shampoo and conditioner, preferably one without sulfates.
- Apply this once a week.