Small accidents occur frequently: either you cut yourself while chopping onions or your son felt on the pathway and bruised his knees, you may have to interfere and stop the bleeding super-fast. The quickest way to stop bleeding is to apply hydrogen peroxide, but what do you do when you’re out hydrogen peroxide?
Well, this natural solution is the best way in stopping bleeding fast. Most people use styptic powder for bleeding, but you can apply the same coagulant in the paste form.
So, we have the following theory: let’s say you’re preparing dinner for your family and accidentally cut yourself with that un-cutting knife. The first instinct should be:
- Rinse your hand in cold water
- Apply some cayenne powder over the cut (it will sting a bit, but it will help to desensitize the nerve receptors)
Meanwhile, prepare the following cuts and bruises remedy to stop bleeding quickly and speedup healing:
- 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon of dried comfrey leaf
- 1 tablespoon of powdered cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of powdered turmeric
- 1 tablespoon of betonite clay
- Raw honey
- Mix the powdered herbs then add the clay and mix again.
- Add the honey (about 1 and 1/2 tablespoons) and mix until you get a homogenous paste. If needed, add more honey.
- Store this homemade coagulant in a small jar.
As you’ll see, the bleeding will stop after you apply cayenne pepper powder, but to kill all germs and stop bleeding you need to apply the above paste.
Why using this natural coagulant to stop bleeding?
Well, is not necessary to go to the E.R. for a small cut, but you have to stop bleeding. Since most accidents happen in the kitchen, the above ingredients are handy and can be applied quickly.
Using raw honey: makes a hydrogen peroxide-like solution when applied to the skin, serving as an antibacterial remedy. However, you have to be sure that is organic honey, otherwise it will lose most of its curative properties.