Cold season begun already and we have to protect ourselves from the cold. Besides warm clothes we need to take properly care of our hand and face skin since it’s the first that gets into contact with wind and cold. Hence, we have to moisturize it properly to avoid dryness, and this means to apply tons of creams.
Well, I’ve learned to care for my skin from my mother and in her 50’s she looks pretty much like in her 30’s and this gave me a lot of thinking. She never used expensive creams or facial treatments, on the contrary: she used homemade facial masks and moisturizes.
So, I decided to follow her path in skin care products and for several years I’m relying only on natural ingredients. And one of the products that I fell in love with is the following hand moisturizers especially made for cold winter days. My hands look impeccable with no sign of dryness or aging thanks to this homemade honey balm.
So, grab the following ingredients:
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup of almond oil
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 5 tablespoons of beeswax pastilles
- 1 tablespoon of shea butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of raw honey
- Essential oils
- Combine everything except for the raw honey in a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave everything for 2 minutes on high until the oils and beeswax have completely melted.
- Then add the honey and 10 or 20 drops of your favorite essential oils. You do the mix and stir well until they are well incorporated.
- The next moment, pour everything in a glass jar or an old moisturizer container.
Important! Let cool to room temperature before testing. If you would like to adjust the texture, re-melt the balm and add either more beeswax or more oil until the desired texture is reached.
Additional Tip: to keep your hands well-hydrated and dry-free, mix 2 tablespoons of brown sugar with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and scrub your hands at least once a week. Then, apply this natural dry hands moisturizer.