A simple common cold left untreated may transform into bronchitis, and it may affect millions of people every year. So, there’s no need to worry if you are among of them, because there are several home remedies that will ease cough and wheezing in the blink of an eye.
When dealing with bronchitis, your airways are inflamed and coated with thick mucus and your cough may bring up mucus from your lungs. In many cases, you may sound like wheezing when you breathe.
There are two types of bronchitis: acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis. Colds and respiratory viruses are the most common causes of acute bronchitis, which usually improves in about 10 days, although a nagging cough often continues for a few weeks afterward. However, acute bronchitis can be easily treated at home with natural remedies.
I remember how my grandma used to treat bronchitis when I was a little child with bananas. She didn’t need much ingredients: only bananas and raw honey. As a matter of fact, doctors rely on this remedy and they truly recommend it.
- 400 ml of boiling water
- 2 medium ripe bananas with dots
- 2 tablespoons of honey
How to prepare:
1. First peel the bananas and mash them with a wooden spoon. Do not use metal cutlery, as bananas generally tend to darken in contact with metal.
2. The next step is to add the water in a saucepan and bring it to a boiling point. Then, add the mashed bananas in water. Let it boil for 10 minutes.
3. Remove the pot of fire and let it sit for 30 minutes.
4. The last steps is to add honey when the mixture is cooled and stir well.
How to use:
Take 100 ml of this mixture four times a day.
Repeat this remedy for five days in a row.
But keep in mind – if the symptoms last more than 10 days, you should see a doctor immediately!