Two weeks ago were frustrating for my entire family. We all caught the flu and its symptoms are still lingering on each one. Low energy, cough and sore throats are still present and the only request I have is to bring health back to our lives and be normal again.
But, you know how they say: when life gives you lemons, squeeze them and make lemonade! So, I’ve made gummy bears to soothe sore throat symptoms. And it worked as I planned! My boy is much better now, and he still craves for my gummy bears.
If your kid or entire family is struggling with cold symptoms, especially sore throat, just try this gummy bear recipe to soothe the pain.
- 2 cups of water
- 1 inch of peeled ginger
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 4 tablespoons of gelatin
- silicone molds in shape of bears (or which shape you like)
How To Prepare:
- Put 2 cups of water and 1 inch of sliced ginger into a saucepan. Bring to a boil point on your stove. Put a lid on the saucepan, reduce heat to low, and leave to simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes of simmering, strain sliced ginger out of water and return water to the saucepan. The water should have reduced and you should have approximately 1 cup of liquid remaining.
- Add lemon juice and honey to the ginger water. Bring just to the point of simmer once again, then remove saucepan from the heat.
- At this point you will want to taste your mixture and see if you like the flavor. You can add more honey if it’s not sweet enough, or more lemon.
- 1 tablespoon at a time, add gelatin to the mixture.
- Whisk or blend as you add the gelatin.
- Once gelatin is incorporate and mixture is smooth, pour into your silicone molds.
- Put it in the fridge for 15 minutes.
So, the gummy bears are ready to serve. You can take as much as want because they have no side effects. The only effect they have is to relieve a sore throat immediately.