Yeast infection is a common condition in women. How would you describe it? Well, intense vagina itchiness and discharge. It happens at least once in every woman’s life, especially when they are pregnant.
Since yeast infection symptoms are really bothersome, you have to treat this bacterial infection from its first itch and nasty smell. Of course, you may run to the doctor’s office for a prescription, but did you know that natural remedies are also a high range of effectiveness in treating vaginal yeast infection? Well, there are a lot of unconventional ways used by many to win their fight with vaginal yeast infections.
Most of these natural remedies are not backed by science yet are tested by many women and the results are surprisingly good.
How to get rid of yeast infection with natural remedies
The most important thing is NOT to use baking soda. Even if it might seem logical to relieve itching with baking soda, don’t try it. It will raise the pH of your vagina, making the yeast happier so, the bacteria will multiply.
Hydrogen peroxide for yeast infection
- Hydrogen peroxide is a bacteria and yeast-killing antiseptic. While it won’t work on every species of yeast, some women swear by using hydrogen peroxide topically when they get a yeast infection.
- So, soak a tampon in 3% hydrogen peroxide concentration and introduce it in you vagina. Let it act for 20 minutes then remove. You can use the same concentration and wash your genitals with it.
- Repeat this process 2 times a day for 7 days.
Tea tree oil tampon for yeast infection
- Add 5 drops of tea tree oil in half a cup of water
- Stir well and dip a tampon in it
- Insert the tampon in your vagina
- Leave it to act for 2-3 hours then remove it
- Wash the area and dry it thoroughly
- Repeat the process 2 times daily for 7 days