Warts can appear on any part of your body, being one of the most challenging skin disorders to deal with. No matter if they appear on your face, hands, legs or feet, dealing with warts can cause plenty of discomfort such as itching and pain.
Actually, warts aren’t such a serious problem, but they are incredible unaesthetic and even contagious. Only imagine having a wart on your face or neck; your self-esteem and confidence will be knocked-down instantly. So, if you are struggling with warts, there are several ways in getting rid of these unsightly bumps on your skin.
The treatments may include:
1. Acids to peel away the skin and take warts with it.
2. Medicine in a cream to smooth on the warts or in a pill to take by mouth.
3. Ice-cold liquid nitrogen to freeze the warts.
4. Shot in the wart to stimulate the immune system.
5. Lasers and other equipment to burn off the warts.
Besides these treatments, there are other ways you can get rid of warts. Natural remedies, for instance, turn out in being really helpful in solving this nasty skin problem. Moreover, Ana – my best friend, managed to get rid of warts on hands using aspirin and dandelion juice.
This is how she proceeded: In the first week she applied salicylic acid over the wart three times a day.
- Crush one aspirin tablet to make a powder.
- Soak the wart in warm water.
- Then apply the aspirin powder, cover it with a bandage and let it act until the next application.
- Repeat the above steps before each application.
The second week she applied dandelion juice over the wart, three times a day. Ironically, dandelion is another thing many people try to get rid of, but it can actually be useful in removing warts.
- Find a dandelion and break it off just above the ground level.
- Pluck out the flower from the bottom and squeeze the juice out of the stem and apply it onto your wart.
- Rub it slowly.
- Repeat this procedure three times a day for one week.
- Alternate these two remedies until the warts go away.