There are a lot of things to love about being a woman, but the increased risk of having UTI isn’t one of them. Urinary tract infections can be extremely uncomfortable and painful, so there’s no wonder that people suffering from them want to get rid of urinary tract infection symptoms as fast as possible.
In order to get rid of UTI you need antibiotics after getting an exam to see what kind of bacteria is responsible for your urinary discomfort and pain. Only those who suffered from UTI know that waiting for you urinalysis seems like forever – the need to pee every 5 minutes can make urinary tract infections burdensome and inconvenient.
Hence, you can alleviate UTI’s symptoms using home remedies until you get your analysis and a proper prescription. For instance, you can prepare a dandelion bitter to ease the burning sensation when peeing and get rid of the pain. Dandelion bitter has been used for decades to treat cystitis and alleviate UTI symptoms. In addition, dandelion bitter is one of the best natural digestives!
DIY Dandelion Bitter
- 2 oz. of organic dried dandelion root or 10 oz. fresh dandelion root
- 2 tablespoons of organic dried orange peel or the peel from one organic orange
- 10-14 oz. of vodka (80 proof)
1. If you are using fresh roots, wash and finely chop. Coarsely chop the citrus peel.
2. Place the dandelion root and orange peel in a pint jar and fill remainder of the jar with vodka.
3. Infuse for 12-24 hours. If you want to use it as a digestive, infuse for 1 week.
4. Strain out and discard solids, bottle infused liquid, and label.
How to use:
1. In a glass of water mix one tablespoon of this bitter and drink on an empty stomach.
2. Repeat this procedure in the evening before dinner.
- If harvesting your own dandelion root, make sure it has not been sprayed with pesticides! Also, always be sure you have a positive identification for the plant.