As we age, knee cartilage wears down, triggering osteoarthritis which will lead to knee pain flares up every time you climb up the stairs or take a walk. In order to take down knee pain, doctors often prescribe corticosteroids and injections with hyaluronic acid.
But this is not the only option in getting rid of knee pain flares up. There are a lot of science-backed natural remedies that can alleviate knee pain, with high anti-inflammatory effects. Of course, these natural remedies won’t replace your OA treatment, but it will effectively ease your knee pain.
The most important thing is to Lose Weight…
Every pound you lose is less stress on your knee joints. On level ground, every step you take puts pressure on your knees equal to one and a half times your body weight, and make it double when you climb up the stairs.
…and to apply the Ice and Heat Therapy
Most surgeons say that “Ice is the best natural anti-inflammatory”! So, use it with when the pain strikes to numb out the pain.
But, besides the above alternatives, you must always rely on the following Natural Anti-Inflammatory:
1. Add beeswax pastilles or grated beeswax to a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup.
2. Add coconut oil.
3. Microwave on high at 30 second intervals and stir between microwaving. Mine took two 30-second intervals and another 10 seconds. Add cayenne pepper.
4. Add turmeric or ginger. If you use turmeric, be sure to use metal or old measuring spoons so they don’t stain.
5. Add peppermint essential oil.
6. At this point, you can stir by hand or use your mixer. I used my mixer because the spices will sink to the bottom. I also added some arrowroot powder to cut down on the greasiness.
7. Spoon in to a jar.